Our speech-language pathologists evaluate and develop intervention plans for children with communication delays or disorders. We assess and treat disorders with receptive and expressive language (understanding and expression), articulation (sound/word production), voice, fluency, and social-interaction skills. Expressive language may include not only verbal language, but nonverbal language and use of language as well. We help children learn language, communication, and interaction skills to help them in both academic and social environments.
Speech/language intervention through CCDE Therapies may include:
- Coaching and instruction for adult modification of the environment/activities to promote acquisition or enrichment of language and communication skills.
- Direct intervention with the child to teach new communication and language skills.
- Intervention within all school environments to promote carryover and generalization of skills learned/attained.
- Assessment and training for alternative and augmentative communication systems.
- On going consultation with parents, professionals and paraprofessionals regarding language and communication skills.